Hvac Contactor for Sale
- 1 Pole
- 2 Pole
- 2 Pole 60 AMP
- 25-60AMP 1 Pole Normally Closed
- 25-60AMP 1 Pole Normally Open
- Auxiliary 25 to 60AMP 1 Normally Open 1 Normally Closed
- Auxiliary 25 to 60AMP 2 Normally Open
- Auxiliary 75 to 90AMP 1 Normally Closed 780/910
- Auxiliary 75 to 90AMP 1 Normally Open 780/910
- Auxiliary Switch DPDT
- Auxiliary Switch SPDT
- Definite Purpose
- Definite Purpose with Shunt
- Electrical Definite Purpose
- Electrical for Compressor
- Electrical with Shunt
- For Use with 912-3015 to 3075
- Magnetic Line
- With Shunt
More About Contactors
What is an HVAC contactor? An HVAC contactor is a switch used in HVAC systems such as air conditioners and heat pumps. It acts as an on/off switch to control power to the compressor and fan motors.
The main purposes of an HVAC contactor are:
- To start and stop the HVAC system. By opening or closing the contactor switch, it can power on or cut off power to the HVAC components like compressors and fans.
- To protect the HVAC components. The contactor acts as an overload protection device. If the current draw becomes too high, it will cut off power to prevent damage to the components.
- To reverse the direction of the current flow. In heat pumps, the contactor is used to reverse the flow of current through the compressor to switch between heating and cooling modes.
So, in summary, the HVAC contactor acts as a switch and overload protection device to control power to the heating and cooling components in the system according to the thermostat's commands.
At Midwest Supply US, we offer a wide range of HVAC contactors and other commercial and industrial control parts at affordable prices, with free shipping on orders over $999. We are a trusted shop for these products, visit our website midwestsupplyus.com.